Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gardening in November

Monday, November 13

I've been sorting through my two plastic cartons of CURRENT VEGETABLE SEEDS -- A - O and P - Z. From Arugula to Zucchini, looking first for the sure keepers, the ones that did so well this year and before (if I've grown them before) that I plan to grow them again. Like standard arugula. Greencrop, Jade, and Rocdor beans. Green Comet broccoli. Cashmere cauliflower. Cross Country picklers. Ichiban eggplants. Tres Fin endive. Buttercrunch, Simpson Elite, and purple oak leaf lettuce. Ace and Biscayne peppers. German Giant radishes. Sunburst pattypen. Space flat-leaf spinach. Ruby Swiss chard. Big Beef, Brandywine, and Enchantment tomatoes. Tokyo turnips. Burpee zucchini. Also though I didn't grow it this year, Ambrosia cantaloupe. For taste, abundance, hardiness, and beauty, those are the best I've seen. As for the rest, the sure losers and the possible keeps, it's time to consult the Vegetable Review Committee. For in just a few months, the time will come to be ordering and starting seeds for the spring garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment