As grocery stores continue to raise food prices, more people are turning to their own land to produce food instead of purchasing it at the store. Whether you want to grow your own herbs, harvest your own fruits or vegetables or raise cattle, there are many ways you can maximize your land as a food source. These 25 blog articles will dig into how you can live off the land.
How to Do It
There’s no way that one blog could give you all of the information that you need to live off the land, but combining these five blog entries can give you some ideas on how to go about starting the adventure.
- Live Off Your Land—Fifteen Steps You Can Take to Get Out of the Cubicle and Onto Self-Reliance
- Infographic: How Much Backyard Do You Need to Live Off the Land?
- The Floyd Eco-Village: Living Off the Land with an Economic Plan
- Tough (and Valuable) Lessons from the Homestead
- Rural Free Delivery: Living Off the Land, Almost